About Our Program
Gym & Learn is an academic and fitness-based Preschool Program for children between 2.9 and 5 years old. Gym & Learn students have the opportunity to learn through hands-on, sensory building, and kinesthetic integrated activities.
We encourage the children to grow as learners by assessing creativity, guided instruction, and free-play in order to build strong social skills and confidence.
As teachers, we know that children learn just as much from their peers as they do from their educators. We strive to embrace each child’s individual strengths so that every student feels special and enjoys learning.
Our goal is to meet the pre-academic and social needs of your children in an environment that feels safe and exciting.
Our students take part in many different activities based on a new theme each week.
- Arts and Crafts Projects: fine motor skills practice (using scissors, gluing, painting)
- Free-Play: building social skills and discovery(dramatic play/dress up, building blocks, puzzles, sensory table)
- Circle Time: group learning, listening skills, taking turns, pre-academics including letters and sound recognition, counting, shapes, rhyming, colors, days of the week, music, poetry, sign language
- Writing: letter and number formation, tracing, coloring
- Science: cause and effect experiments
- Story Time: themed “read-aloud” books
What sets Gym & Learn apart from other schools? The awareness of how important a child’s gross-motor growth is.
Every morning, our students partake in a 45-minute gymnastic class with Broderick Gymnastics Academy taught by trained preschool coaches. Each class consists of an active warmup filled with running, skipping, and different stretches to work on flexibility, strength and agility.
The gymnasium is transformed into a theme-based wonderland that engages our students’ imaginations. While your child is immersed in a new topic, they will be discovering how to climb, jump, and somersault their way through obstacle courses set up on the spring floor, uneven bars, trampoline and tumbletrack. Your child will have the chance to get their energy out while learning new skills and staying fit!
Sadie Brownbill trained as a Nursery Nurse in Ireland and then became certified in Early Childhood Education in Boston. She taught as a preschool teacher in Cambridge for six years prior to giving birth to her son.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
- 2.9 – 3.5 years (start of school year)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
- 3.5 – 5 years (start of school year)
(10 monthly installments per year)
Tuesday/Thursday Program: $296.00 in 10 monthly installments
Monday/Wednesday/Friday Program: $444.00 in 10 monthly installments